Saturday, April 26, 2008

Such a pro...

So we have decided to start potty training Mariah and so Wednesday morning I woke up with the realization that for three days I would go no where. Just stay home and work on potty training. I was expecting it to be so hard because I have heard such horror stories. But, Mariah is AMAZING!! She just did it. In the four days since we have started she has had only one accident! And, I don't even have to remind her. She will come up to me and say, "I have to go potty!" And even cooler then that, on the second day I was on the computer and realized the girls weren't in the room anymore so I headed into my bedroom to retrieve them and Mariah is in my bathroom, she has pulled over something to step on to get up on the potty and she is sitting on the toilet going to the bathroom. No help from me and she didn't even tell me she was doing it. I think she is an old soul...

5 comments:

theadventursofsidandlinda said...

I think she is a chip off the 'ol block' intelligent, beautiful, sharp, and clean livin'.

MaRea Hess said...

Girls are so smart, what more is there to say! Boys on the other hand take things much slower.

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

Is this your first potty training? Because you are looking like an old pro. It seems to me that this is nothing to work that hard at. They either want to or they don't BUT they eventually WILL. When they are ready THEY DO IT. It's their choice and there's no power struggles. Mom is just the cheerleader. So with my kids I’ve had to back off and wait a few times. If kids are struggling, I believe it's a patience issue for mom not a potty training issue for the child. (Not terrible opinionated here. So my kudos go to both mom and daughter!

megship said...

Oh that is great! That is how is was with Dax, too. Some kids just want to and some don't! Headaches have definitely been avoided!!

Anonymous said...

She is amazing I am hopeing that is the same way it will be with Thatcher! He still wants notheing to do with it, so dipers just contiunue to get more expensive all the time!