So,
Mariah was promised a bike when she got fully potty trained, (well, actually she was promised a tricycle but by the time she was potty trained we decided a bike was better.) So, here she is with her new bike and man does she LOVE that bike!!

But, that isn't even the coolest part of this story. So, the other day she is out riding it and I hear, "look mom!" and I look over and see this:
Holy crap...where did she learn that? So then yesterday she was doing it again so I said, "just wait I want to take a picture." So I run in to get my camera and come back out to take some photos and next thing I know she starts doing this:


I have such a little dare devil on my hands. And p.s. she does have a helmet and she wears it all the time except of course on this day. Generally we don't let her ride without it but when we went out yesterday I wasn't even planning on her riding and then suddenly she was doing tricks. I didn't dare stop the tricks to put on the helmet
because I thought they may not happen again so I decided to take the pictures first. Alas I look like a bad mom...again.
6 comments:
whatever. you are not a bad mom. they never had helmets when we learned to ride bikes and look at us. just fine. but i never did tricks, so... that may have something to do w/it. but you are still a great mom. we all know it. ;)
Oh wow! I would expect that from a boy, but a cute little gal like her?? That is great! Watch out, Mindy, you might have a little tom-boy on your hands.....send her over and I will put her in a gray sweatshirt. Did you know I have a blog now? Yeah.....if you want to see it it is shipdog.blogspot.com
what a cutie! looks like you have a little daredevil on your hands :)
I love her. So cool tricks. Oh to be young and able.
Playing without a helmut does not make you a bad mom. We raised 10 before riding without a helmut would land you in jail and they all survived. A helmut is a nice safety feature but certainly allowing your child to play without one isn't going to send you to hell - jail perhaps but not hell. Tell Rob I washed a barrel for you guys. Let me know if you want more. Don't make a special trip just to wash a barrel although we would love to see you anytime you can come.
OK, I’m feeling myself climbing on to a box of soap....I don't care much for what it looks like, anyone who would make a snap judgment like "no helmet= bad mom" is stuck in a miserable place. I much prefer peoples who truly don't see the deficit in your parenting but rejoice in your surplus of (in this case wise judgment) Way to be a good mom!
Post a Comment