Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tragic...

So, I don't know if anybody saw the story on the news on Friday about the boy that was electrocuted...here is a short version. On Friday afternoon five 15 year old boys were out playing in foothills above Farmington/Fruit Heights when they came upon an electrical tower and thought that it would be fun to climb it. The first four all climbed up about half way and then came back down and then the fifth boy decided to climb all the way up to a platform that was up near the top. He was sitting up there and one of the other boys decided to join him...so the two boys are sitting on the platform when suddenly (no one really knows exactly what happened) there is a really loud POP, sparks fly and one of the boys falls off the tower falling about 50 feet to the ground. Well, one of those five boys happened to be my nephew. He is only fifteen and had to watch one of his friends fall off that tower. My nephew then proceeded to do CPR on him until the ambulance got there and took over. They worked on the boy for 45 minutes before decided he wasn't coming back. Rob and I went out to their house all day yesterday to give our support and my nephew is a mess, however, we learned that when he came back to the house Friday night there were a bunch of school friends there and my nephew had all of them sitting around praying and reading scriptures together! It is just amazing! Also I learned that when he was at the tower and his friend fell he couldn't remember exactly how to do CPR so he said a little prayer and the numbers 15 and 2 came to him. As I think about this I think how unfair it seems that a 15 year old boy should have to leave this life so early and that 4 other fifteen year old boys have to experience such a horrible scene! I feel so bad for my nephew when I realize the scene that must be playing itself over and over again in his head and I feel Terrible for the family that has just lost a son so early! It makes me terrified to realize that we have no control over death. I just can't even imagine how devastated I would be if one of my children died so young! But, it sure does make you realize how precious life is and how important it is not to take it for granted. But above all it just makes me so grateful to know that there is life after death...how do people cope without that knowledge? Pray for the Nye family...they could use all the help they can get!

1 comment:

pixiestylist said...

oh that is so sad!
they WILL be in our prayers!