Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Mariah!

Well, last week was quite an eventful week for us. On the first we had the first snow day of the year which Mariah was so excited about! And then on Monday the third was Mariah's second birthday...which she was SO excited about! My baby is two and I feel like it has gone too fast. She is hilarious! About three weeks before her birthday her little friend Jackson had his birthday and we all went to Chuck-E-Cheese and had cake and he opened presents, so for the next couple weeks that is all she could talk about! She kept singing happy birthday to Jackson and talking about cake and Chuck-E-Cheese so for her birthday we went back to Chuck-E-Cheese and took Jackson with us. Then that night when Rob came home we did cake and presents just with our little family and I was so surprised at how excited she was about her present. I knew she would be excited about cake but wasn't sure she was quite old enough to understand the present part but boy did she rip that rapping paper off as fast as she could and she still hasn't stopped playing with her new toy. It was so fun, it makes me so excited for Christmas. I am almost more excited for Christmas now then I ever was growing up cause I know she will love it and I can't wait to see her excitment and she just keeps talking the toys she wants. It is so much fun. Here are a few pictures of her birthday and that little boy with her is her friend Jackson...






The other big event was the snow...For some reason Mariah thinks snow is called snowman and will correct us if we just call it snow. She will say, "no, snowman!" So when the snow came we bundled her up and let her go out to play. I didn't want to go out in the cold but after watching her play and have so much fun I couldn't help myself so out I went and she had a ball. Unfortunantley the snow was not snowman material it wouldn't stick together and then the strangest think happened. Over then next couple days I found myself actaully hoping it would snow again cause I wanted so badly to go outside with her agian and build a snowman...I hate the cold so wishing for snow is just not me. But it did snow and it was snowman material and we had a ball. And Mariah still goes over to the window every day to look at our snowmand and she gets the biggest smile on her face cause she loves it so much! So I guess I don't hate winter so much after all! Aren't kids great!! Behold, our snowman...




1 comment:

Katie said...

ah that is so stinkin' cute! thanks for all of the pictures! i am jealous you have a yard to build a showman in. :) but i love seeing such cute pictures!