Thursday, January 10, 2008

Time Out

The cutest thing happened the other day. See, Mariah is now two which means she is in time out quite often. She hates it and it generally is a pretty good motivator for her. Well, Rob has a biting problem. Actually I should say a nibbling problem. He loves to give little love nibbles as he calls them. They don't hurt or anything but is always doing it to Mariah and you can see the problem this may cause. She in turn tries to give Reagan love nibbles and isn't quite so "loving" about it. So, I have forbidden Rob from giving them to Mariah but he just can't help himself. Well, whenever she does it I tell her "we don't bite!" and then she goes to time out. Well a couple days ago Rob decided to give her a love bite and she said, "daddy, no bite!" but he did anyway. So I got on to him and looked at Mariah and told her that he had to go to time out now. So I told her to tell him to go to time out and she did and so he got up and heading to time out and you should have seen Mariah's face. She couldn't believe that it worked...she was actually putting daddy in time out and he was going. She had the cuttest most amazed look on her face and she just kept looking at me in shock and had a HUGE grin. She was so pleased with herself!

3 comments:

Katie said...

hahaha that is funny. :)

pixiestylist said...

that IS funny!

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

Enpowering a child! I love it!