Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Sad
So, it is strange how things happen. We have a two year old German Shepherd that I have cursed since the day we brought him home. He is sweet and an excellent dog, he LOVES people and is pretty obedient, but very high energy and with two kids to worry about I just don't have time for him as well. But, my husband loves him and Mariah LOVES him and I guess that is really what matters. Well, the strangest thing has happened. On Friday night I was coming up the stairs headed for bed and he was standing at the top of the stairs watching me. So when I got to him I playfully grabbed his muzzle and said, "Hi Roman." And immediately he starts growling at me and the hair on his neck went straight up (that is never good) and he turned and took off running to Rob. As I walked in the room he kept growling. Rob got onto him and put him away and we sat and tried to figure out what could be wrong. Well, every day since he won't come near me almost like he is scared of me. And if we make him come over and I try to pet him he starts growling. It is so weird!! So we call our dog trainer and he is going to come over but, he also told Rob that he has never heard of such a thing and he told Rob that he just wanted to prepare him for the fact that we may have to put him to sleep. And suddenly I find my self SOSO Sad!! Sad for my husband who LOVES Roman, sad for my children who love Roman, Sad for Roman who may be loosing his life, but strangely enough sad because I don't want to see him go. All along I thought I didn't like him that much but I cry when I think of him being gone. And you know it actually hurts my feelings when he won't come near me or let me pet him. It is all just so strange!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
mindy-
those darn dogs somehow they grow on you... that is sad and scary cause keeping him you just wouldn't know if he would start acting that way towards the kids... as much as i am annoyed by sadie we do have a love-hate relationship cause she can be really cute sometimes and make me crazy other times =) hope everything works out... I can't imagine trying to explain it to your daughter. good luck!
I seem to have a love/hate relationship with Ranger (our lab) too. I love him when he is running at the beach or when Brady goes and cuddles up to him, but when he drags in rocks and dirt from outside and jumpes all over our white comforter I about lose my mind! I hope you can figure out what is wrong with Roman....maybe try taking him to the dog whisperer? --cheryl
Mindy I am so glad to know that you have a blog, how have we not found it . As you can see the whole Thatcher Clan is in the blogging world. It is so fun to see everyones kids and the funny things that they do. I hope that Roman changes his attitude so you can keep him.
I am so excited I just found your blog! You guys are such a dang cute family! One thing that works for me when the back of my hair stands on ends about Nick or one of our little monkeys is I say 1-2-3 change your attitude to myself and it works really well...so maybe you should have a little sit down with Roman and tell him 1-2-3...let me know how it goes!
Mindy, I am so sorry! That is so weird! I would definitely be careful with him around the kids. You just never know. It sounds like something within his mind has gone off. I am sorry. I get very attached to animals so I can relate. I cried from California to Utah when I found out we had to put our weiner dog down!
Ok good I'm glad you knew who I was and you weren't freaked out by some random girl leaving comments on your page. :) Sorry to hear about your Dog by the way. And yes I will definitely be checking in on your blog so keep me updated. Robbie was such a good friend to me over the years I'm so glad you guys are doing so well! I am glad we are blogger friends now!
First, thanks again for all your help. Second, I'm so sorry to hear about Roman; the words "keep me posted" are taking on new meaning, as i'm hoping to hear the end of your story AND that is a good one. but if not Neal A Maxwell said "Righteous sorrow and suffering carve cavitites in the soul that will become later reservoirs of joy."
Thanks to Laura I am finding all kinds of people to visit in the blogging world. Incase you are wondering, I am Rob's cousin. We met at the reunion last summer. It is so fun to see you guys and what you are up to. I still can't believe how grown up Robby is!!! You guys have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment