Monday, November 24, 2008

Accident Prone

Well, I think we have officially figured out who the accident prone one in the family is...and the award goes to Reagan. When she was born she had to be on oxygen for the first 24 hours at fifteen months she knocked her front tooth out and now at eighteen months she has already succeeded in getting her first stitches. I was at my friend Sheryle's house on Friday and Reagan fell and smacked her head on the door frame (it was REALLY loud). I picked her up and immediately looked in her mouth for another missing tooth. When i didn't see one I thought we were in the clear and then as I stood up with her I suddenly noticed that her head was bleeding. So, five stitches later and it looks like we are going to be okay for now. Here are a few pictures of her battle wounds...







Here is her beautiful cut, after we finally got it to stop bleeding.




Here we are in the ER waiting for the doctor to stitch her shut. If she only knew what was about to happen she wouldn't be so smiley.
During...they had to strap her into this board to hold her still and then we still had to hold her arms and legs down. It was HORRIBLE!! It broke my heart.
After, here she is with her stitches. Pray she doesn't have a scar.

8 comments:

MaRea Hess said...

Mederma for kids helps a ton on the scar. Kade got several stitches this summer. It looks like she is happy at the doctors office. ours happened at 9:30 at the farm, so we had to go to the ER. We could have had new computer for that accident darn kids!!

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

That sickening feeling that comes with a noise that is more than a noise, it's more like a pain, is just the precursor to all that follows. Standing on the side lines of a "child’s repair" is such an amazing experience. You need them to get it, but they can't, you want them to feel better, that will come later, after the suffering & and that suffering (more imagined than real sometimes), you would gladly do for them, (and to be honest, somehow I think a parent does),is the "sweet workings of tribulation" work for sure, tribulation no doubt, and sweet finds its way in there too.
I love a good mom story!

becky gomez said...

OH!!! I'm so sorry, but what a story she can tell to her own kids some day... That's what I do with the scar on my forehead... My kids know better than to jump on their bed, because of my scar. What a cutie!

Lindsey Smith said...

that is the worst feeling, jack fell of the counter the other day and now has a black eye. I think people think I hit him, so sad.

megship said...

Holy crap! That poor little thing! You should just lock her up in her room.

Thompson Family said...

Hey girl. How are your holidays. Tell Rob Hi! We should hang out next time you are in Logan. We love hanging out with you guys! Your poor little girl! It must have broke your heart to see her get those stitches. Hey, I am sending out my Christmas cards and need your address. My email is jenethompson@comcast.net or my blog is www.mattandjenthompson.blogspot.com

MaRea Hess said...

you can get the cheapest tickets, all the seats are good. If you know anyone who lives in Vegas they can get tickets for half off during certain times of the year. All of the shows are amazing. The show the O the do a lot of their acts in the water.

Lindsey Smith said...

Not a prob with the pics. I have a whole disk of them that he can look through and decide which ones he wants. Or I could just email it to you or something. Let me know.