Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Catch up!

Okay, here is a quick synopsis of what we have been doing over the past couple months. We have already had a very fun and busy summer and it hasn't even started yet...

In March Rob and I took the kids to Saint George for a weekend. We were doing it for our anniversary but took the kids cause we knew they would love it. And they did. All Mariah wanted to do was play in the pool which she got to do plenty of and we also went up to Zions and did some hiking. It was So fun. We loved it and had a ball.



Getting ready to go hiking.

Hiking Emerald Pools. This was a FANTASTIC hike. We loved it!


Mariah loved the fact that we got to walk behind the waterfall.




Then the first week in April the girls and I and my mom and two nieces drove a very long 16 hours to Leo Carillo State Beach in California for a week long camping/beach trip that my Aunt and her family plan every year. It was so much fun! Thank you Green family for having us along. The girls absolutely LOVED the beach and I loved the relaxing. The weather was perfect in only rained on us one time and for just about an hour. I hope we can go again next year.

Mariah and her two oldest cousins eating dinner around the fire.

Heading to the beach!!


Digging in the sand.


Mariah watched all the adults sitting around reading and wanted to join the fun.

Mariah running from the waves. This is what she spent most of her time doing. She LOVED it!


Grandma braving the Freezing water in the name of love!


Good Morning!


checking out the tide Pools

It was getting too cold to be in that water.

The kids watching a movie during the rain.

Then last week end we went up to Goblin Valley with a couple families from our ward. It was a ton of fun and the girls had so many other kids to play with that they didn't know what to do with themselves. The funny thing is that all the other kids that came were boys. Aside from my girls there were only three other girls and two of those were babies and the other is Reagan's age. So little Mariah has no idea what it is like to have a girl for a friend...she is surrounded by boys (except for in our house).

Starting a hike in the slot canyon.




Mariah and her friend Cole.





Goblin Valley


Reagan fell asleep while I was taking her for a ride on the 4-wheeler.


And then about fifteen minutes after we got home from the trip, we were cleaning out the truck and I asked Mariah to get her shoes out of the back of the truck. I went inside and the next thing I know I just hear crying. she got creative and put Rob's motorcycle ramp up on the truck and started climbing up. Unfortunately she put it on upside down and it slipped off and...


Yes folks...she broke her wrist! She kept pretending that it didn't hurt cause she didn't want to go to the doctor but once she got this splint on she was just excited. We go back tomorrow to get the cast and she is SO excited that she gets a pink cast because she says, "it is going to be so beautiful!" She is such a girl!

3 comments:

megship said...

16 hour car ride?! Holy crap! Why didn't Rob go?

I haven't been down to goblin valley forever! That sounds like a blast! I should get up the energy to pack up a bunch of friends and go. Maybe you have inspired me...

As for little Mariah, what a toughy! I cannot wait to sign her little pink cast!

CorayFam said...

I love your catch up...where is WICKED?? Hello?? Just teasing!! I wish I was half as cool as you and did half the fun stuff you guys do!! =)

Tara R. said...

O.K. so I am a sad excuse for a sister. I didn't even know Mariah broke her wrist! So maybe we should call each other more than 4 times a year, eh?